Motor Vehicle Taxes FAQs
- What is a motor vehicle excise tax?
- Who must pay excise tax?
- What is the rate?
- When is payment due?
- What happens if my payment is late?
- How does non-payment of excise affect my license and registration?
- What should I do if I have moved out of Colrain, out of Massachusetts or if I no longer own the car?
Municipal Lien Certificates FAQs
Personal Property Taxes FAQs
- What is personal property?
- When are tax bills mailed and payment due?
- Where do I file for an abatement or exemption on real estate and/or personal property taxes?
Real Estate Taxes FAQs
- How to pay Taxes while the Collector’s office is closed
- How do I receive a real estate receipt?
- How can I get a copy of my tax bill
- When are real estate tax bills mailed and payments due?
- Where should I mail my real estate tax payment?
- What methods can I use to pay my bills?
- What should I do in the event I do not receive my bill?
- New tax bill mailing address?
- What happens if I do not pay my tax bill on time?
- What do I need to do if my mortgage company pays my taxes?
- Why should I pay interest on a late payment when I never received my tax bill?
- How can I change the tax bill to my name after purchasing property?