No meetings currently scheduled.
5 of 5 seats. 3 years each seat.
- Douglas MacLeay, Chair. June, 2025.
- Betty Ringwood. June, 2024.
- Deborah Menard. June, 2024.
- Rachel Glick. June, 2024.
- Michael Shuipis. June, 2025.
The Finance Committee is comprised of up to (5) five members, appointed by the Town Moderator.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE
The Finance Committee’s prime responsibility is to make recommendations on all financial matters, including the budget, to town meeting. The committee has oversight responsibility for all municipal financial matters, as well as other statutory authority granted to them by the Towns bylaws.
KEY DEFINITIONS USED BY THE FINANCE COMMITTEE
- BUDGET A plan of financial operation embodying an estimate of proposed revenues and expenditures for a given period and the proposed means of financing them.
- CHERRY SHEET The Cherry Sheet is the official notification from the Commissioner of Revenue of the next fiscal year’s state aid and assessments to communities and regional school districts.
- DEBT EXCLUSION This is a vote by a municipality at an election to exclude debt service payments for a particular capital project from the levy limit. The amount necessary to cover the annual debt service is added to the levy limit for the life of the debt only.
- FREE CASHFunds remaining from the operations of the previous fiscal year which are certified by the Department of Revenues director of accounts, as available for appropriation. Remaining funds include unexpended free cash from the previous year, receipts in excess of estimates shown on the tax recapitulation sheet and unspent amounts in budget line-items.
- LOCAL RECEIPTS Locally generated revenues other than real and personal property taxes and excluding enterprise revenue funds. Examples include motor vehicle excise, investment income, hotel/motel tax, fees rentals and charges. Annual estimates of local receipts are shown on the tax recapitulation sheet.
- OPERATING BUDGETThe plan of proposed expenditures for personnel, supplies, and other expenses for the coming fiscal year.
- OVERRIDE A vote by a community at an election to permanently increase the levy limit. An override vote may increase the levy limit to no higher than the levy ceiling.
- RESERVE FUND An amount set aside annually within the budget of a town (not to exceed 5% of the tax levy for the preceding year), to provide a funding source for “extraordinary and unforeseen” expenditures.
- STABILIZATION FUND – An account from which funds may be appropriated for any lawful purpose. Towns may appropriate into the fund in any year an amount not to exceed 10 per cent of the prior years tax levy, or a larger amount with the approval of the emergency finance board. A two-thirds vote of the town meeting is required to appropriate money from the stabilization account.
- Mon, May 22, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 04:00 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 04:30 PM -- Colrain Town Offices - 55 Main Rd.
- Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 04:30 PM -- Colrain Highway Garage - 9 Jacksonville Rd. Colrain, MA 01340
- Show 48 More...
Finance Committee Meetings
- 2019-01-08 Finance Committee Minutes.docx
- 2019-01-22 Finance Committee minutes.docx (View on Calendar)
- 2019-02-05 Finance Committee minutes.docx (View on Calendar)
- 2019-02-19 Finance Committee minutes.docx (View on Calendar)
- 2019-03-12 Finance Committee Minutes.docx (View on Calendar)
- 2019-03-26 Finance Committee Minutes.docx
- 2019-04-09 Finance Committee Minutes.docx
- 2020-02-25 Finance Committee Minutes.pdf
- 2020-04-28 Finance Committee Minutes.pdf
- 2020-06-02 Finance Committee Minutes.docx
- Finance Committee Agenda 2022-05-31.pdf (View on Calendar)