Electricity Aggregation -REMINDER
Re-Posting of a Previously Posted Item from 2020
With the Eversource Basic Service Pricing about to drastically increase we would like to remind all residents of the option to participate in the Towns Electricity Aggregation Program which will be priced at 9.345 cents/Kwh through January of 2024 compare this to the Eversource Basic Service rate of 21.864 cents/Kwh beginning in January of 2023 and continuing through June 2023. The Aggregation rate offers a discount of 12.519 cents/Kwh! See Program information below:
THE TOWN OF COLRAIN’S
COMMUNITY CHOICE POWER SUPPLY PROGRAM
The Town of Colrain is pleased to announce that Dynegy Energy Services (“Dynegy”) has been selected as the supplier for its Community Choice Power Supply Program (“Program”). Dynegy will provide electric power supply for all consumers currently on Basic Service in Colrain. This notice is intended to tell you about this Program for electric power supply. In accordance with state law, it also informs you of your rights and options if you choose not to participate in the Program.
YOU WILL NOT NOTICE ANY CHANGE IN YOUR ELECTRICITY SERVICE. The only difference you will see is that Dynegy will be printed under the “Supplier Services” section of your monthly bill (see sample below). You will continue to receive one bill from Eversource. You will continue to send your payments to Eversource for processing. Eversource will continue to respond to emergencies, read meters and maintain the distribution and transmission lines. Reliability and quality of service will remain the same. Furthermore, you will continue to have all existing consumer rights and protections.
Please see attached file for comparative rates and terms:
- TO CHOOSE A PRODUCT WITH 100% NATIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY you may call Dynegy at (866) 220-5696 and ask to be enrolled in Colrain’s Optional Green Product. Colrain’s Optional Green Product provides 100% National Wind Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). This product is being offered at $0.08798 per kWh for the first 5 months (August 2020 to December 2020), then changes and is being offered at $0.09331 per kWh for the remaining 36 months (January 2021 to January 2024).
- IF YOU ARE A BASIC SERVICE CONSUMER WHO HAS BEEN MAILED A NOTIFICATION you do not need to take any action to participate. You will be AUTOMATICALLY enrolled and start benefiting from the aggregation rate beginning on the day of the month in August 2020 that your meter is read. This date varies by service area. Your meter reading date is shown on your bill.
- WATCH YOUR EVERSOURCE BILL FOR FURTHER NOTIFICATION of the Program.
- Your August 2020 bill will state that you are being switched to Colrain’s Program.
- Your September 2020 bill will show Colrain’s supplier and aggregation rate under “Supplier Services”.
- IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PARTICIPATE you must OPT-OUT by signing and returning the Opt-Out Reply Card included with the mailed notification OR visit colonialpowergroup.com/colrain, click the OPT-OUT button and follow the instructions specified OR call Dynegy at (866) 220-5696.
- IF YOU WISH TO JOIN THIS PROGRAM you may OPT-IN at colonialpowergroup.com/colrain OR call Dynegy at (866) 220-5696 and ask to be enrolled. If you are currently contracted with your own Competitive Supplier, you should confirm with them that you will not incur any early termination fees or penalties for leaving their supply.
- TO ACCESS EVERSOURCE’S BASIC SERVICE RATES please visit:
- Residential Rates – eversource.com/content/wma/residential/my-account/billing-payments/about-your-bill/rates-tariffs/basic-service-western-ma.
- Business Rates – eversource.com/content/wma/business/my-account/billing-payments/about-your-bill/rates-tariffs/basic-service-western-ma.
- Basic Service rates change twice a year or more, depending on rate class. As a result, the aggregation rate may not always be lower than the Basic Service rate. The goal of the aggregation is to deliver savings over the life of the Program against Eversource Basic Service. However, such savings and future savings cannot be guaranteed.
Colonial Power Group, Inc. is an energy consulting company chosen on a competitive basis by the Town of Colrain to facilitate the Community Choice Power Supply Program. For more detailed information, call us toll-free at (866) 485-5858 ext. 1.
Posted: to General Town News on Mon, Dec 5, 2022
Updated: Tue, Dec 6, 2022
Would you like to make a donation to the library?
Donations help support our beloved library as we work towards enhancing its grounds and historic building.
Find us on venmo @ColrainLibraryFriends, or by cash or check, payable to the Friends of the Griswold Memorial Library (leave at the library or mail to FOGML, c/o 67 Foundry Village Rd., Colrain MA 01340).