COVID-19 Information and Resources
Return to Board of Health
Governor Baker issued an Executive Order, effective as of noon, March 24 through noon April 7, 2020.
Links detailing the order, including the definition of essential services, as well as guidance for assemblages can be found here.
For information about Coronavirus in Massachusetts, visit the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's coronavirus page.
Notice To all Town of Colrain Residents and Visitors
RE: COVID-19 Announcement
The Colrain Selectboard at their meeting held on March 16, 2020 voted to close the Town Offices to the public effective immediately. This action was taken as an emergency response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Also, on March 16, 2020, Colrain Selectboard Chair Eileen Sauvageau signed a “Declaration of Emergency" effective as of that date.
What is the effect of these actions on residents and visitors (or others doing business with the Town):
- The Town Office is closed to the public however, we emphasis that the Town is still “open for business”. Although you cannot enter the Town Offices Town personnel remain accessible via phone, e-mail and the US postal service. Contact information is available for all departments and most boards and committees on the Town Web-site at colrain-ma
- All public meetings with the exception of the Select Board and the Emergency Preparedness Team are suspended until further notice while the Town considers alternative meeting venues.
- The Griswold Memorial Library is closed until further notice.
- The Colrain transfer station remains open at its regular hours of operation. Please avoid the use of cash if at all possible (checks preferable). If cash is your only option please ensure you have exact change. Also maintain the recommended distancing of 6 feet from both transfer station personnel and others while at the station.
- Police and other emergency services remain operational. Residents should continue to call 911 for any medical, police or fire emergencies. For non-emergency concerns please continue to call the Shelburne Control dispatch center at (413)625-8200.
- The local “Declaration of Emergency” follows both the state a federal declarations and enables the Selectboard to more nimbly operate, specifically allowing the town to assemble the necessary emergency response team(s) and seek both federal and state cost reimbursement funding when made available.
- Lastly, the Selectboard has recently appointed an “Emergency Preparedness Team” whose task is to provide a coordinated approach to this emergency which includes regular updates to Town residents. This team is meeting regularly and will provide continued updates on the Town’s website at colrain-ma.
Thank you, and we look forward to and appreciate everyone’s cooperation and assistance during this emergency situation.
Colrain Board of Selectmen